Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How Much Does Your Life Weigh?

I watched this movie ' Up In The Air' starring George Clooney while I was having dinner.

I am not really good at movie review or any kind of review for that matter and I don't remember either when was the last time I had my descriptive and summary writing. I believe it was around 90s. Yeah. That long.

But I'll try my best this time. Firstly of course I really think it's a good movie and there's a lot you get from it. Things that makes you think and ponder about. Especially when it hits home. Just made me remember how last year has been a real sucker to me and I believe it's the same with everyone. The down sizing, the pay cut and all those shit.

Apart from that, there's also the bit about the 'empty back pack' thing. Love the idea and philosophy behind it. Makes me want to think of my own back pack and how much it weigh and if it has slowed me down or stopped me from moving. Motivational thing usually work best to me on moving visual rather than words on papers. I am what you call the visual combined with auditory types of person.

I know so far that this has not been a very good review but more like a personal reflection. I guess you just have to watch it yourself and then you can tell me what do you think about it and instead of a single review we can do something like a short stories and do forum based on what we think. Or maybe not.

So let me ask you this.

What's in your back pack?

8 comments:

Wel^Beiolman said...

haha..suda tinguk 2 weeks ago..nice story line...u may understand the point of not making life complicated to think about other stuff not related to you?haha...no politic no making everyone satisfy over you?haha...take care of your own bag pack..things will be more easier I'd say..haha...a little selfish but there's a limit of putting our mind/heart to something that doesn't bring anything for happiness..hehehe..

Claire said...

hmmm...ya la...mmg buli jg fikir gitu kalau mo selfish bah. hehe tapi kau tgk ending dia mcmna...ada tu d sebalik..they didnt shove the message down our throat tapi depends masing2 mau nampak apa dia sendiri mau nampak lah. wakaka..

Wel^Beiolman said...

hahaha...tepat sekali claire..a little selfish but there's a limit of putting our mind/heart to something that doesn't bring anything for happiness..hehehe..

TS Lim said...

Interesting. You can approach this with a minimalistic mindset. Things that you really need to carry with you. Gonna check out the movie thx.

Claire said...

TS Lim, no problem. highly recommended.

sweetie~ said...

claire sda dpt balik gaji asal ka? ekonomi ok sdah kan?

kusung oo back pack sia...smua buang on d spot...haha...sbb tu org blang teda perasaan....haha

Wel^Beiolman said...

Haha..sweetie..kosong ka bag pack ko..haha..ringan lg bgs ba...inda susa mau bawa jalan..haha...

Claire said...

Sweetie, :) since yg mo end of year sda last year ok balik sda skit ekonomi. gaji pun yg asal sda balik. hehehe...nda jg buli kusung betul tu sweetie...kau tgk tu movie..hehe tp bgs jg kalau kusung sda skg..at least then ko tau suda apa sja yg kau mau simpan kasi masuk balik dlm back pack..yg perlu sja. ;-)

Si wel. hahaha nda juga bagus telampau kusung ba engkau ni..ekeke