Thursday, March 18, 2010

Treading Water

My body aches all over. Especially on the lower back and at the triceps or is it biceps area.

That's what happen when you only physically stretch your body every once in a while. You tend to overarching your whole body. I think I should really change the swimming class to twice a week at least. I have only been going every Wednesday and by the time I have to swim again, my body muscle have all turn to fat and my birth breathing control is not going well with the instructor's advice to relax more inside the water. And of course it's pretty hard to relax when you need to remember which and which first-the hands, the legs or the head while at the same time making sure the technics is right (you can't really use the free style kicking but use the breaststrokes hands right? Even if it's waay easier) and also trying not to drink so much of the pool water. Eww.

Honestly, the only technics I'm so dying to learn is actually the Eggbeater Kick. The one you do when you want to stay afloat and smile and wave at people. That's the one. I can already swim to-and-fro but only without stopping. I wanted to be able to stop right in the middle of a pool and giggles and play water polo. I mean what happen if I suddenly get too tired and I can't really swing my hands to swim anymore? Am I supposed to just sink underwater and die?

Maybe I should go cycling again after work this evening. To tone up the legs intended to do kicking. I mean while I'm trying to get to the other side of the pool and also if I ever learn that egg kind of kick in near future.

If you have some tips, I'm all ears. Or maybe in this case, all eyes? But I really don't need to hear something like eating a lot of fish or getting one as a pet okay. I might as well eat a lot of birds since I love Peter Petrelli so maybe we can go flying together. Duh.

2 comments:

Lett said...

its hard to get what you really want, but once u put the best in it, you will realize the outcome is worth the pain!!

Claire said...

All the best for me! :)