Sunday, April 19, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


"Hello miss. What movie would you like to watch?"
"Erm, He's Just Not That Into You."
"Okay. 7.10pm. Two tickets miss?"
"Sorry? Err, no. Just one. Thank you."

Is it so strange going to watch movie alone? I mean, instead of assuming for two, why didn't he asked for how many instead?

Anyway, i really love the movie. Before watching it, there are many not-so-good reviews about it on the net. Like they want it to be more realistic & not just another Cinderella movie with a bunch of A-list stars just to draw people's attention in.

But i still love it. :)


Every relationship scenario experienced by the female characters in the film, from being cheated on, to getting overly fixated on someone they just met, to misreading "let's be friends" signals as "I love you" -- is a situation that I've known to apply to just as many men as women.


I love Ben Affleck's lines about why people don't have to get married. Some would have to get married before settling down with their partner because of religious requirement. And some just did it because it was what everybody has been doing for as long as they can remember. But they are also some people who does not believe in marriage. That just because other people are doing it doesn't mean you have to do it too. When we have a very strong feelings like we care or love someone, we can just spend the rest of our life with the person, be in a committed relationship & it does not matter if you are married or not because it does not guarantee that it will last forever. Getting married is like, you are feeling insecure with the relationship & there's a need to tie it down. But you love your friends too, & you don't go making some kind of signed-for-life ceremony for Best Friend Forever or something.

However, having said that, i still want to get married. :) Not because other people are doing it or because i have to for the sake of religion but because when i decide that i want to marry that person, it's because i really love him & that i'm ready to be his & his alone. Marriage is special. And different. That's why it does not happen to BFF but only between a lover.

There are still so many things i want to share about this movie but it's late & i'm sleepy. Besides, i don't want to spoil anything for those who have not watch it. ;)

Btw, i love Bradly Cooper. He's so so so hottt! I'm so going to sleep with him... (in my dream) haha

drools..... sigh..... ;)

8 comments:

Allison said...

i want to watch this movie too.. gna download and watch it soon:)

Claire said...

You should! ;)

Vera said...

I can eat alone, shop alone, jalan2 alone, mandi alone, work alone BUT I can never go to movies alone..no, I don't think it's weird but my otak will go to places ie. what if there's a rapist waiting? or a potential murderer waiting to strike? or someone 'penjahat' just sitting behind me then decided to follow me home?? haha.. that's why I can never watch alone cause I'm 100% distracted.

Anyways, there's only going to be one reason why I would watch this: J. Aniston :)

whatever Ben said, this is what the society thinks now. Everyone I know seems to think that way too. It's no longer consider sacred. I have to agree with him also but like you, I will want to get married too. I want to set the right example for my kids just like my parents did :) and I do want the whole world to know that I'm married to this one special person :)

Claire said...

hehehehe....si Vera...shop alone pun nanti ada juga yg mengikut d belakang tu....hehehhe

You should go and watch it Vera....ada byk lagi fav scene sy sana apart from the marriage thing...hihihi

Kris and Nadia said...

yii.. sya pun br kira mau pg tgk saturang.. hihi.. but sda download.. sya tgk cni sendiri2 ja la :)

Claire said...

hehe..bgs lg download pny la..at least part2 yg mengghairahkan nda la kena cut...hahahhaha byk tu sy rasa..muahahha

Brader Burger said...

nice one...if u ready to get marry..please tell me k..cheers.

Claire said...

hahaha...and u tell me if you are ready k..i mean marrying your gfren. ;)