Thursday, April 29, 2010

Want A Change In Mood? Eat Some Toffee.

There are many reason for me to be stressed or unhappy.

The work at the office is piling up and I went home feeling exhausted everyday. I wanted to do at least a bit of a reading but even before getting to the next page I was already fast asleep.

There are many things and plans I wanted to get started but I don't have enough moolah to do anything about it now.

I'm still stuck at this office. Scanning my card at 8 in the morning and spent 10hours of my precious time doing things I don't really care about.

And I haven't heard a thing from the hundreds of resume I sent applying for a job somewhere else. Maybe because all the time I was only halfhearted and blindly applying for 'the job' because I know deep down that it's not what I really wanted to do. So I guess I haven't been sending out the right signal to the universe so they are a bit confuse as to what I was attracting and they don't want me to get what I don't want. Does that make any sense to you? Pfft.

Well, that is exactly everything that I can choose to feel and think every five minutes if I let my mind to dwell about it long enough to affect my emotions. However, I choose to simply change what I was thinking to something good and I don't think I'm unhappy anymore. Just like that.

Rather than replaying and analyzing all those bad and sad thoughts, I push my mind to think of grabbing some chocolate mint toffee which I saw at my colleague's desk this morning. Now I'm typing this to you while helping myself with one. He wouldn't mind a few missing.

Remember my post about having a plan? That also helps you to move forward and have a sense of purpose no matter how small it may be. Get you excited and help setting a new priority to think about. Mine would be to decide what to cook before April ends in about 1 and a half day left.

Good luck to me! :-D


08:48pm Update
Just had dinner. Guess what? Nasi Lemak. So, that's the recipe for April. Barely made it eh. It's my first time cooking Nasi Lemak so there's still a room for improvement. Plus, the ingredients was not really complete since I couldn't find it all at the nearby market and I was kind of tired after a long day at the office but I did try my best. The sambal was a bit too spicy and oily but the rice was yummy. I couldn't find any Pandan  at the shop (although I did take a peek at the neighbour's lawn and saw a bunch of it planted there but I was too shy to ask for one) so I just put some lemon grass and slices of onion into the rice mixed with coconut milk. It was actually quite good for first timer. I'm going to try cooking it again and i'll make sure it's a finger-lickin'-good one this time. :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Rex, thanks. :)