Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tattooed Girl

I know it has been a while since the last time I updated this blog. Been staring too long at the stone basin looking for a lost memory. 

It was when the leprechaun came and told me that the tattooed girl is coming back soon that I pulled back into reality and began to breath fresh air again.

I wish it was that fancy. It's not. But at least the excuse is creative. 

What triggered me to finally make an entry was because I heard that a new Hollywood remake of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' which was initially done in Swedish is on the way and that they are looking for a girl to play Lisbeth Salander. Not that I dream of auditioning. I am just interested in who will play the girl diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and a genius hacker blessed with a photographic memory in that new film.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the first book of the Millennium Trilogy and the most interesting-page-turning book to me personally. Well, actually to be honest I have only read up until the second book - The Girl Who Played With Fire and looking forward to reading the third one - The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest. I have yet to make a review on that one. The author, Stieg Larsson died at the age of 50 on 2004 and the first book was published a year later.

The initial movie in Swedish was played by Noomi Rapace as Salander and Michael Nyqvist as Mikael Blomkvist. And it failed to meet my expectations. As usual, I was anticipating an exciting and thrilling movie since the book was damn good but it was really a let down. The acting didn't manage to impress me and Rapace was just not how I imagined Salander to be in real person. There are many interesting scene that can be extracted from the book but somehow I was so bored I watch it halfway and went to sleep.

So I am ready to not expecting too much on this Hollywood remake. At least, I hope it would be bearable to watch until the end.

Now the exciting part is to see who's going to take the role of Lisbeth Salander this time. It was reported on the news that Kristen Stewart of Twilight is auditioning for the role. I hope it's not her. She's pretty and everything but I don't think she'll do Salander the justice she deserve.

Ellen Page who starred Juno was also on the poll of who'll be the tattooed girl and I think she's very good in acting but she's just...too cute.

I prefer Katherine Moennig in terms of the face and attitude but I'm not so sure about her acting as I only saw her briefly in Everyone's Fine.  

Natalie Portman? Too pretty for my image of Salander in my head. The girl should be extremely skinny and plain enough to play someone who's lacking social skill but at the same time should have the vibe of being mysterious.

Cote de Pablo  is just okay. Nothing much I can say because I'm not familiar with her work.

The one who will be playing Lisbeth Slander should be in her mid 20s, very 'emo' type of girl, around 150cm height and extremely skinny. Whoever win that role, I hope she will do a good job at it. It really is the main character.

Well, that's the name I saw popping up on the web. Who do you think should be the girl?

If you haven't read the book, here's the link for you to buy one. :)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Vintage)

No comments: