Saturday, May 9, 2009

When All Is Said & Done

Here's to us, one more toast and then we'll pay the bill,
Deep inside, both of us can feel the autumn chill,
Birds of passage, you and me, we fly instinctively,
When the summer's over and the dark clouds hide the sun,
Neither you nor I'm to blame when all is said and done.

It's been there in my dreams, this scene I see unfold,
True at last, flesh and blood, to cherish and to hold,
Careless fools will suffer, yes, I know and I confess,
Once I lost my way when something good had just begun,
Lesson learned, it's history when all is said and done.

In our lives we have walked some strange and lonely treks,
Slightly worn but dignified and not too old for sex,
Clear-headed and open-eyed with nothing left untried,
Standing calmly at the crossroads, no desire to run,
There's no hurry any more when all is said and done.

Standing calmly at the crossroads, no desire to run,
There's no hurry any more when all is said and done.


http://www.downloads.nl/results/mp3/1/When+All+Is+Said+And+Done+-+Pierce+Brosnan+Meryl+Streep



When All Is Said & Done originally by ABBA covered by Pierce Brosnan & Meryl Streep in the MAMMA MIA musical play - one of my fav movie of all time. :)

The arrangement done for this song in the movie is really beautiful & the lyric is just meaningfully great. It would be wonderful to have reach this stage of life - there's no hurry anymore when all is said & done. :)

But i'm still young & i'll make sure to enjoy every minute of everyday that i have so that i can someday look at the path i've taken & indulge in the satisfaction of living a full life. We all have to remember that we're not 19, 25 or 40 forever. When you are 10 years old, do what 10 years old suppose to be doing. Run loose & don't be all grown up yet. The same when you're in the twenties [especially if you're still single..wink2] - use that hard earned money of yours & go sky diving. At least your body can still handle it & recover quickly than a 30 year old.

In a relationship, never be afraid of being vulnerable because if you're building walls around you to not getting hurt, you're also shielding yourself from being happy. Be in a state where you feel like there's nothing in life that you can't face anymore. And to do that is to open yourself to possibilities, risk & the unknown (i'm not a professional motivational speaker). ;)

As the famous quote says, "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."


God, if I can't have what I want, let me want what I have. Amen.

4 comments:

FL Feinier said...

FeeL ThE RaiN ON YouR SkiN,
No OnE ElsE CaN FeeL iT For You,
OnLy You CaN Let iT iN,
No OnE ElsE, No OnE ElsE,
DreNcH Your SelF iN WordS UnSpokeN,
Can SpeaK ThE WordS ON Your LipS,
Live Your LifE WitH ArmS WidE OpeN,
ToDay iS Where You Look BeGiNS.
ThE ResT iS StilL UnWritteN.

Claire said...

:) Natasha Bedingfield

FL Feinier said...

(^_^) yeps..

FL Feinier said...

Even if today is painful
Someday it will become a warm memory
If you leave everything up to your heart

I understand the meaning our living here
It is to know the joy of having been born
Let's stay together always

I was so happy, you were laughing
With a smile that melts everything away
Spring is still far away, inside the cold earth,
Waiting for the time to sprout

Even if today is painful
And yesterday's wounds remain
I want to believe that I can free my heart and go on

I want things to be simple
Let's finally get across this sea of mournful sorrow...

Hehe...