Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Peace. Love. Empathy.

After reading Mel's post about death, I can't help but feel a sensation of apprehension deep in my chest thinking about those things that I'm putting aside whether because I don't really know what to do about them or if it's because there's nothing I can do to make it the way it should be. Either way, there should be something, small as it may be that I can do to make a little difference but I'm just not sure.

I have been trying to live my life without ever taking anything or anyone for granted. I may not always like that but I tried and still trying. Everything I own now, they may be gone tomorrow. The nice little earring I bought the other day may be lost while I'm busy looking for things and it get stuck among the rubbish and I may accidentally throw it away.

People that I love, how sure am I that I can have them next to me forever? I can't. I know.

It would have been so much easier if everyone really mean what they say and learn to listen with empathy. I did not do that every time but I wanted to. I want to call my sister now and tell her I'm sorry that things turn out this way and that all mom and I want is for us to be happy. That if we may have failed her in any way, we never meant it to be that way.

But even when I'm going to say that with nothing but honest intention, I can't be sure that she'll listen to the sincerity of those words. It easier to play the blame game and keep on doing what you simply feel like doing regardless of whether it's the right thing or not.

And there are those matters that's still not settled. Friends. Enemy. Loved ones. Relatives. Haters. Admirers.

But then they said there's just some things that's better left unsaid.

Hmm.


On not so different matter, there's this movie titled Mr. Nobody starring Jared Leto which show us the many different lives one person can live, depending on the choices he makes every step of the way.


The possibilities is just endless and it makes us see life in an interesting way. There are good or bad choices in life and each choice will create another life for you. It makes me think that maybe there's a very good reason behind all these uncertainty and unknown possibilities. Because when you know everything, then what's the point?

In the movie, the angel missed the marking on him when he was...I guess that was in heaven so he knows everything. He know the sort of life he'll live if he make certain choice. And at the final scene, because he knows, he can't bring himself to pick which life he wants. So he ran away.

And I guess by running away, it is also another one of those different life. No?

It's a very interesting movie and if you have decided to watch it, then I hope you will enjoy watching it.

No comments: