Monday, July 26, 2010

My Blueberry Nights

And........I'm back. Good as new.

It's really is a good thing that I enjoy movies as much as I love books. I can always depend on them to have a laugh, to cry over a touchy moments, to relate on some of the incidents and to always help me to restart my thoughts all over again.

It's My Blueberry Nights for tonight and you can see my favorite singer Norah Jones in it. I never knew she could act. She's actually quite good and looked very pretty in the movie as she is in real life. Jude Law is in it too. As well as Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz. There you have it.


It was pretty slow in the beginning and throughout the movie but it suits me just fine with the mood I was in earlier.

Here's some of my favorite quotes in the movie.

Elizabeth: When you're gone, all that is left behind are the memories you created in other people's lives or just a couple of items on a bill.

...................

Elizabeth: The last few days, I've been learning not to trust people and I'm glad I've failed. Sometimes we depend on other people as a mirror to define us and tell us who we are and each reflection makes me like myself a little more.

...................


Katya: Sometimes, even if you have the keys those doors still can't be opened. Can they?
Jeremy: Even if the door is open, the person you're looking for may not be there, Katya.

..................

Jeremy: From my observations, sometimes it's better off not knowing, and other times there's no reason to be found.
Elizabeth: Everything has a reason.
Jeremy: Hmm. It's like these pies and cakes. At the end of every night, the cheesecake and the apple pie are always completely gone. The peach cobbler and the chocolate mousse cake are nearly finished... but there's always a whole blueberry pie left untouched.
Elizabeth: So what's wrong with the blueberry pie?
Jeremy: There's nothing wrong with the blueberry pie. Just... people make other choices. You can't blame the blueberry pie, just... no one wants it.



There's a lot more in that film. And it's fun to see how cocky Natalie Portman can be at a game of Poker.

I'm glad that I don't have to be in a complicated thoughts before sleep tonight.

Good night everyone.

2 comments:

Wel^Beiolman said...

ini ka tu movie yg si nora belakon tu kenen..mcm best sja...nanti mau cari la ni..hehee..

Claire said...

Wel, iya.ini la tu. :-D