Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Have A Dream

I was 8 when Mom spoke to me at the Penampang Union Transport (PUT) bus station in KK.

"I'm only going to teach you this once. So listen carefully. After today, you take the red bus from home that we took just now & when you reach this station, you take on the second bus over there which sign state to Luyang & you'll reach your school. It's the same when you're going back."

"But Mom, what if i get lost? or took the wrong bus?"

"If you follow exactly what i've told you, it's going to be alright."

"Ok."

"Remember, look at the sign of the bus carefully. Don't sleep in the bus. And don't stay back too late after school or you'll reach home when it's already dark."

"Ok Mom."

That's when i first Dream of being a Bus Driver. My very own bus.


It was 3 years after that, I was 11. I joined the Bintang Kecil singing competition in Dewan Masyarakat KK & even tho only winning the 4th place, that was when i Dream of becoming a Rockstar. Well, i wanted to sing the song 'Teringin' by Shima but ended up singing Nora's song..what do you expect? The teacher made me switch songs. Served her right.

My Dream improved a few years later. I was 14. I shoot a sharp 3 pointer for the first time & Dream of changing my name to 'Michelle' Jordan & be a Professional Basketballers.


But fate took another twist when i sat for my PMR examination a year later. I was 15. Uncle Ben whom i always look up to & the closest for being my own father, involved in a serious car accident that hospitalized him for many months...that's when i Dream of becoming a Doctor. Thank God he survived & recovered just all right.


I would have studied hard in Biology and took up Medic if not because of what happen about two years after that. I was 17 when the Dream changed. Something comes up and i really need my father to sort things up for me. And he wasn't there. He never did. I was so frustrated, i vowed to become a Lawyer & make sure every men who called themselves a father would sign the damn paper for responsibility or pay the price if they don't.


I end up going to Engineering campus tho...to become an Engineer. Which i never Dream of.

Now, I am 24. A few more weeks and i'm going to hit the big 5. My name is still Clarice Gerard regardless of how many times i put an extra 'r' to make it spell out Gerarrd.



And i haven't stop....to Dream.

11 comments:

Wel^Beiolman said...

don't ever stop dreaming clarice gerarRd......life without dream is a mind without imagination..or should I say..without feelings?emptiness.....pity them..

I'm sure this 'dream' happened to most of us...but do remember this..all this while..this 'dream' was the one that helped and drove us becoming someone better...if not better perhaps the best of u, me and us..

live your life to your best and hopefully you'll reach that perfect dream of yours someday somehow...

I'd love to say this one thing though...there's good in every bad thing happened...don't let others ruin your dream and nor affecting your dream...cheers!

Happy big 5 (in advanced)!

King Guzzy said...

hehe dont forget me oso bah, we share the same bday remember? haha happy birthday to us both oso la kan..see..i oso dont know wat i actually happen to be before and hopefully im stil on track to be what i wanna be :) seh!

Happpy Birthday in advance!!! (me too!!)

Claire said...

Blm2 lg psl birthday ba ni wel n guzzy....hihihihi nda sabar sja kamu mo berparty kn....

i'm just a dreamer ba..hehhe and it's true wel, dreams creates hopes....and hopes creates an effort...at the end, everything will just fall into place....n i believe in that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Good one claire.. Dream should never stop. That's what drive us forward. You can still be a rockstar if you want. Adakan tu ujibajat AF7 skrg.. ko pigilah ikut :D Any dream of becoming a wife in the near future? lol :D

Claire said...

Hahaha...si Oiga, ya la kan..mengkali at one point..i simply take the step n just do it...hihihi tp nti kana undi kluar? malu lg...hehe

I don't think that particular dream wud be in near future la kanda...hahaha

JerryInc said...

okay..now i feel so old! :). nice entry anyway :)..

Claire said...

Err...meaning kau 30 sda ka jerry? hihihihi

Vera said...

kita semua feb baby ka ni??
Ba, happy bday feb babies :)

For me, turning 25 was the scariest time of my life. I was nowhere and heading nowhere. Goals seemed far away and I'm stuck. I was in a job I hate, I was in a r/ship that did not work out, I hate my boss, got no money, I got so fat etc..
It was a bad time..major bad time.

Now that I'm 28, life seems better. Not really better la but life doesn't seemed hard anymore.I'm content where I am now. Sure there's still a lot of my dreams I haven't achieve but what the heck, there's still time..

Now Claire, I don't know whether turning 25 is a joyful time for you but try taking one step at a time.. You have a lifetime to do what you plan to do and dreams is a good thing.

Judging from your earlier post, you seemed to have a lot of things on your mind. You also seemed confuse and somehow sad..

No worries dear, this phase will past. Slowly but surely.

Claire said...

o my...seems like most of the same thing is happening to me nw...sometimes..there are just moments when i have no idea of anything....i even got something like a short-amnesia you knw....like someone called me last night...n i forgot completely about it the next day...unbelievable ka...or i am the one getting messed-up....sigh.

I really hope when i get over 25, everything wud be just like it's supposed to be....Thanks Vera...really appreciate it..

King Guzzy said...

hehe..yeap vera, we're all feb babies!! and we rock!! wakaka betul ba tu kan claire! :)

yeap life's very funny..i sort of dreaded 25 coz its like reaching a quarter of a century..and things are very..hmm..let say..i get past it and i hope you'll too

we're all learning from the past, let the future be the shining star that will never stop us from our dreams :)! fuyoo!!

Claire said...

hahaha..kau tercengang sm kata2 sendiri ka tu guzzy? hehehe...mm i hope i'll get thru it alright la then... ;) thanks