Thursday, June 2, 2011

Run Your Butt Off!

I used to hate dislike running. I couldn't see any point in just running from one point to another without a ball to kick or a racket to swing at the same time. I did a lot of sports but I was never the runner type.

It all started to change once I got into the working world. I didn't have friends to play basketball or volleyball anymore and the only alternative were badminton or ping-pong (both never been my strongest or favorite games)...and I started gaining weight...kg to kg. I know for myself that it will be hard for me at first to like or do something that I'm not really good at or familiar with but I also do know that if I try hard enough, I'll be just fine and it will turn out great.

Just last week, I did a charity run for Husky. I mean for the SPCA Penang but we (together with Wel & Jew) kind of tribute it to Husky. Jew printed a picture of Husky and laminated it with dog-quote words and pinned it at the back of our running shirt.


This coming Sunday, we will all be running again for the Beach Run 'Race Against Time' in Batu Ferringi which is a run to boost awareness of organ donation. Now it does feel good to run and do something good at the same time. Apart from personal reason or goal for running, you can do your part for the community too. Isn't that great?


Despite my obvious change of heart on running, it might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you feel that you want to try it out (cause you'll never know if you never try either right), then I'll say...go for it! Run slowly at first...listen to some music to distract the temptation of stopping and I assure you that you'll feel like the healthiest people on earth after you are done with it.

5 comments:

Lett said...

Sia sukung betul cakap ko... hehe... teruskan berlari untuk maintain kurus, sihat dan attractive... bikin release tension jg tuh tau running sambin dgr lagu!

Claire said...

sy sukung jg komen kau! hehehe belum kesampaian lagi tu 'maintain' kurus la..tp kali sihat suda sama attractive la sda kali ni..hahahahha mo berdisiplin lagi ni makan sama kerajinan mo belari..sy yakin boleh! lol

jew said...

u see...our passion with running even motivate 'someone' to start run as well...bagus o kita, nx time kita ajar dia minum bir sebelum lari k..hahaha..kita ja la yg tau tu ugou..lol

Claire said...

Wakakaka....itu ja la kan...keteh la dia mo pingsan sda lari..hahaha ingat urang nda kuat lari ka...p la ajar dia minum bir..ok jg kali tu..hahaha

Chan Weng said...

keep up with the good effort.
*cheers