Friday, November 19, 2010

Accident

Mom called at 3.00am today. She couldn't sleep. And after that it was hard for me to sleep either.

They had an accident at around 11pm last night. She and my niece, Lisa. I could feel my heart skipped a beat when I heard that. I mean this is going to be the second time Lisa is involved in a car accident. And looks like both, she had the worst. When it happened last year, she was stuck beneath the car tyre. This time, she was thrown out from the car. I have to literally close my eyes to shake away the feeling of panic and tried listening to my mom talking on the phone. I couldn't thank God enough that mom and Lisa are alright. Mom was feeling chest pain due to the impact and Lisa got cuts and bruises but otherwise fine.

They were on their way to the airport to fetch my cousin and my uncle was driving. They stopped at the red traffic light but looks like a mad girl with a P license was trying to run the red light and slammed the side of the car on the back passenger side, to where Lisa was sitting. The car spun twice. Mom was in shock and I think she lose consciousness for a slight second and only realize that Lisa was gone when she saw the back door opened and Lisa was nowhere in sight. Malam lagi tu. Sakit jantung aku fikir. She tried going out from the car but the door was stuck. Things do tend to get worse when something bad is happening. Sigh.

After Lisa was thrown out from the car, I guess she panic and all she can think of was the last accident so she get up and ran away, so afraid that the same thing might happened again but the problem was, she was running in panic and it was dark and raining and anything could happen. Luckily, there's a very kind man who saw the whole thing and ran to get Lisa and carry her to mom. He then offered to send Lisa to the hospital. Him and his girlfriend was so kind and attentive to both Lisa and mom that I could feel the rush of gratitude towards both of them.

"I feel like she is my own daughter. The way she put the sweater over Lisa when she's in cold, hugging her close and holding her feet between her palms to keep Lisa warm, and the words she spoken to me. I'm so grateful I wish I have done something for their kindness." My mom said that to me on the phone.

It's okay mom. You were in shock. Let us keep them in our prayer for their kindness.

That night, I wish it had all happen to me instead. Kesian bah. Lisa, still so small and have to endure that kind of experience. Twice.God knows I love her and mom more than anything in this world. I'm so grateful that both of them are okay.

Thank you Lord for everything. And God bless the two good Samaritan and keep them safe in whatever they are doing.

4 comments:

Owner said...

wow...damn.....just ask your mom to be more cautious of her health for next few days and as for the small girl...how unlucky but then again Someone if protecting her..i guess.
God bless those 2 nice souls and bless your family as well.
P.s: dont wish for that to happen to you...but i know what u mean, i'd do the same.

Georgie J said...

aduh! kesian ba! thanks God, nothing's worst! Sa pn nda tahan suda sikap pemandu skrg oh. Betul2 nda slamat suda tu jalan.

sweetie~ said...

omg wat an incident!

If the seat belt was fastened i guess she wouldn't been thrown out frm the car. Lucky nothing serious happened.

Claire said...

Author, Yeah. Lisa was so lucky..i mean being thrown out of the car like that...Thanks for your kind words.

Mr. Whimsical, Ya la. Imagine driving carefully but still someone can go and knock you like that..

Sweetie, Iya..It's just that it's still not a very common practice to use the seat belt when u r sitting at the back kan.. She's so lucky la..