Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Is Just To Say

It's been 3 days since Yasmin Ahmad passed away.

I was staring at her blog link the whole day and it feels weird to never see that link updated again. Her writings, movies & commercials never failed to amuse and entertain me and it's such a great loss that she has gone too soon at the age of 51.

Why is it that so many great people died this year! Sigh~

I remember that i have asked her permission to re-post a poem in one of her posting last time but i never get around to post it here. Now i leave you with this simple yet very cheeky poem and hope that it brings smile to you just like it did to me. Rest in peace Kak Yasmin.



I have eaten
the plums
that were in the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

William Carlos Williams - This Is Just To Say

No comments: