Monday, February 7, 2011

Arrowhead!

Looking cute here.

I remember seeing this in Tesco for the past few weeks and have always wanted to find out how to cook this mysterious (at least to me) little bulb plant. And...of course I forgot about it every time but guess what?

I freaking ate it the whole day without knowing! I was eating a 'kerepek' that my colleague, Ziet Hong gave me as a Chinese New Year cookies and while doing some google-ing I saw a picture of the deep-fried Arrowhead and thought it look familiar.

"Of course it look familiar. That's what you've been eating non-stop since morning," said Ziet Hong.

I was laughing merrily at that. Now I know how it is cooked and I get to eat it at the same time! Kah Kah Kah...

Gotcha!

Apparently, it is a popular Chinese New Year festive chips. No wonder I've been seeing it around!

"Some people also grow the bulb to decorate their house during the festive period because the auspicious-looking arrowhead-shaped leaves symbolise (i) growth and prosperity (步步高升) as well as (ii) blessings for a male offspring." - Wiffy

Not that I'm looking for any kind of offspring right now but I'm quite happy for this new discovery today. [smiley.smiley]

4 comments:

StellaClaire-Richard said...

macam sadap tu kurupuk

Claire said...

Sadap! hihihi

Wel^Beiolman said...

ba bila kenen ko mau bili ni mau masak..haha...ini ka pula tu kan..sedap tu kerupuk dia..pena makan jg..hehe..

Claire said...

Wel, iya sadap! hihihi mcm teda sda tu kana jual d Tesco. Limpas sda cny. ekeke