Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's Day

So it's Father's Day today. I never took any notice of this particular day before simply because, well I don't really have one while growing up so I just look at it like any other usual days. I was pretty cool with it and it's been like that for most of my life and I just never really thought about it that much.

Up until recently, yes it did come across my mind. To summarize it a bit, I sort of googled my father's name online a few months back (I think it was last year) and since he's involve in some kind of Cultural Group in Sabah, it was easy to get the information and his...phone number. Told you I am very good with google-ing.

You must be thinking that this was like searching-for-the-lost-dad-i-want-to-know-him-before-i-died-or-he-died kind of thing but no. Actually it just one of those random things I tend to do out of boredom and I didn't thought much of what's going to happen if I really get in contact with him. I mean I even googled my own name so...you get the idea.

Well, it was awkward. What do you say to someone after 25 years of total absence in life?

After that particular day of weird talks and confusions, finally the contacts was made and he'll pop up on and off in our life every once in a while just to say hello and stuff like that. I was just in KK a few weeks back and had one on one drinking session with him that this idea of Father's Day came across my mind. I was looking at his wrinkled face (noting that he's not as handsome as he was before in the only picture we had of him at home) and wonder if he's expecting me or my older sister to wish him a Happy Father's Day this year. I guess I would not since he never did the father-ing stuff and he's not even real to me to be honest. Just someone to fill my parentage history in forms and certificates.

Anyway, he got his own other son and daughter to wish him that so...never mind.

So that would be my first entry for Daddy's Day. You guys should be able to do much better than that. To a few of my friends who got kids of their own now, I wish you a very Happy Father's Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jadi ada jg ko jumpa sm dad ko pula :) Bah, that's a startlah kan. Hopefully next time it will get better. Thanks for the wish.

Claire said...

Err...i'm not exactly hoping for more or something better bah Ornest...seriously. i really didn't feel anything more than just someone i know..sda bbrapa kali jumpa bah..gitu2 ja.. ;)