Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh The Pain!

I'm writing this post in a hospital bed with the hospital wristband in my left hand and the drip infusion needle at the right.

The pain is lesser now after the medication and I'm hoping to be discharge this morning. I couldn't really understand what the doctor was saying when he did the diagnosis so I looked at my medicines and google up the names. Typical me. He he he

So I figure out this much at least. According to Google, I have this Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in which the stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus and cause heartburn and all those pain that I have been having for the past few days.

This is my first time admitted to the hospital, infused with glucose drip and undergo the Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (why do they have to make the term so long and non-pronounceable to mere mortal like me I could never understand) which includes inserting a thin tube with a camera on the end through the mouth and the tube is then passed into the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine, snapping pictures of how my internal organs are doing in there.

While I was being pushed down the corridor to the ground floor for the scope (that's what the nurses call it), my eyes stared pass the neon lights in the ceilings and on both my sides were the staff and nurse keep telling that it was a simple procedure-that I'm not going to feel anything etc...I almost feel like I was in one of those movie...he he he.

Being sick is of course not a pleasant experience and I hope this is going to be my last visit to the hospital. The doctor and nurses are very nice people but I just can't stand the pain and the fasting and the needle and the lying around all day. Plus I don't want to make Mom and Nanak worried. Nanak called me and almost cried when I told her that I was in a hospital. Bless her for keep sending me text messages saying that she miss me. :)

Now is waiting for Wel to visit me and the doctor to say I'm free to go. Hehe

2 comments:

Joan said...

get well soon moi. tekazut juga sa nampak photos on fb yang si wel kasi upload.

take care!

Claire said...

Joan, thanks...recovering la ni...